Sunday, May 13, 2007

ChRySaNtHeMuM fOr mOtHeR's DaY ??


Usually on Sunday, it is pretty quiet in the Adelaide city.. everybody wake up late!! But today, early in the morning, you could see lots of people on the street.. especially mothers.. you know why? Yes.. Today is Mother's Day!! This is the first time I celebrate Mother's Day overseas.. really miss my mum very much and the gathering at my grandma's house too!!


I went to the city this morning to meet Yee Whei for lunch. On the way, I saw lots of flowers were on sale along Rundle Mall.. all kinds of flowers.. Roses, Tulips, Carnation and etc!! Among of the flowers, I was very curious that they were selling Chrysanthemums for mothers, the worst is.. they were in white and yellow colour!! According to our Chinese culture, white and yellow Chrysanthemums were used as an oblation for the funeral!! It was really funny when I heard Yee Whei saying that, there were a lot of white and yellow Chrysanthemums given out by the sellers yesterday at Rundle Mall!! Sounds strange..


No comments: